2 How long, Lord, must I call for help,
but you do not listen?
Or cry out to you, “Violence!”
but you do not save?
3 Why do you make me look at injustice?
Why do you tolerate wrongdoing?
Destruction and violence are before me;
there is strife, and conflict abounds.
4 Therefore the law is paralyzed,
and justice never prevails.
The wicked hem in the righteous,
so that justice is perverted. [NIV – Habakkuk 1:2-4]
Another long delay on posting to this website. Fighting these sting cases, at least in the state of Washington, has NOT been easy. That said, the fighting and pressing has brought some good news.
- The Sex Offender Policy Board (SOPB) did provide recommendations for Alternatives to Stings in their FALL 2022 report to legislature:
- The WSIPP to examine Washington State’s Operation Net Nanny and similar fictitious victim sting operations REPORT is due out this summer:
- We have seen a Sting case in Pierce county resolved with acquittal on 2 charges and dismissal on 1 charge. A RARE win in a trial.
- We have seen FOUR cases, the last few, in Thurston County from Net Nanny #15 end with reasonable and favorable outcomes.
- Another STING article was published on a notable website, The Appeal, in December:
It has been a slow road to justice and reform. This website and our advocacy has been going on over 5 years. Things have not turned yet but the wheels are in motion. Further and continued progress will be more up to others, those arrested, those getting out after serving their 5+ years and going on the registry, etc. to take the torch and expose others to the miscarriage of justice.
Have hope and confidence that as a collective we can make a difference,